was set up in 2010 due to popular demand from the local community.
It centres around the Healthy Lifestyle Centre in Abbotshall Rd, Catford, and the surrounding roads. All roads on the Estate are members.
The group’s aims are to:
- Provide a network for neighbours to meet and get to know one another
- Develop unused parts of the Abbotshall playing fields area where residents of all ages, who may not have access to green space, can take part in outdoor activities and meet up with friends and neighbours
- Hold community events – we have organised many events including an annual firework display, quiz evenings, Easter Egg Hunts, Big Lunches and more.
- Organise skills swapping and garden produce between neighbours, on a ‘quid pro quo’ basis
- Identify and offer help to vulnerable residents so they have a safe port of call for assistance, eg shopping or lawn-mowing
- Act as an advocate for improvements to our neighbourhood local facilities, parking, streets, anti-social behaviour etc.
Several different groups operate within the Corbett Residents Association , each focusing on a different aspect of the community and each representing different interests.
The CRA would like to thank MP Heidi Alexander for
all her support to the CRA over the years and we wish her well in her new role
Mekor Newman chair of the CRA, Heidi Alexander and Lorraine Joseph secretary of the CRA.
Official Opening of the Community Library